This council comes under Punjab Synod of UCNI and has 4 Churches at Ropar,Nahan, Ambala and Morinda Church.
It has 3 Ministers, 1 Pro Pastor, 6 evangelists and 15 Elders
310 communicant members and 60 Non communicants.
Moderator: Rev.Dr. Deepak Masih
Vice Moderator: Rev.James Gill
Secretary: Mr. Robert Masih
Treasurer: Mrs. Mahinder Lal
The followings is the excerpt from the Book “The United Church of Northern India Survey 1968” published by GA of UCNI in Nagpur.
In the year 1967 the churches within this council were at Ambala city Cant, Choli, Mandauli, Pehpwar, Ambala City, Faizalpur, Milak, Santokh Majra, Borrass, Jagadhri, Morinda, Yamuna Nagar, Chandigarh, Kharar, Nilokery.
Partner church: (1) New Zealand Presbyterians Church (2) United Presbyterian Church in U. S. A.
History: The American Presbyterians started work in Ambala in 1849 and in Dehra Dun in 1853. It is known that there were Christian group in Morinda and Rupar at an early date. The early growth followed much the same pattern as in other part of the Punjab except that the area was less affected by the early mass movement among the church people. In 1910 the New Zealand Presbyterians opened the hospital in Jagadhri and the beginning of an indigenous church there came in 1916 when the first convert was baptized. Between the years 1933 and 1940 a large number from among Depressed Class groups became Christian in the Jagadhri area, but most of these people “went back” within a very short period. The New Zealand Presbyterians were firm in the conviction that those families who permitted their children to marry non-Christians could not continue as members of the Church. This may account for the relatively small numbers of rural Christians.
Integration: The evangelistic work of the New Zealand Presbyterians was integrated with the Church Councils in 1953 and that of American Presbyterians in 1955. The institutional work of both Overseas Churches is integrated with the Punjab Synod. In the past ministers, other than those called by self-supporting churches, have received their salaries from one or other of the overseas Boards, and, now that money for this purpose has been largely discontinued, each displaced minister has received his severance allowance from the Overseas Church of his origin. Due to the differing policies of the two Overseas churches, some men were terminated 2.5 years before others. The United Presbyterians discontinued all grants to the Church Councils for evangelistic works in 1966 and the New Zealand Presbyterians are to reduce their grant by 50% from July , 1968. The continuing 50% will be a block grant to the Church Council, who have decided to use it to supplement a Central Pastors’ Fund which will pay all clergy irrespective of their area of work or previous affiliation.